I don’t understand why my kids hate me. I’m really trying to figure it out, but I’m pretty it’s because of their Mom (she hates me). I started a checklist to see what’s the matter.
- I’m always late with pay child support so the kids can’t be in sports or other activities.
- I never pay the full amount of child support because I have bills to pay and a social life, I’m pretty sure my paying less doesn’t impact my kids.(Why do they keep asking me about stuff?)
- I always complain to my kids about child support. (They should know the court ripped me off.)
- I always complain to my kids about their mother.
- I use my kids as my personal messenger to deliver my message to their mother.
- I ask my kids what their Mom has recently bought for the house or about her new partner. (I’m just curious- that’s not making them my spies)
- Baseball games, school plays, parent-teacher nights interfer with my plans besides I might see their mother and I hate her. (Sitting in the same stadium is not far enough away for me.)
- It’s the playoffs or world series, that only happens once a year and I have a bet in the game. I can see the kids next week or next month. I don’t want to watch the game on my DVR. They understand how much I love sports.
- I am not going to a kids movie or event, that’s just not my thing.
- This is a really important text- the kids don’t mind if I’m not “present.”
- A conversation at dinner- what would we talk about?
- This new 75 inch TV is really for them.
Why do my kids hate me? It’s can’t be anything I’m doing.